|Scotland 1 Pound 1968|
Item Code: SQ-109A
Bank of Scotland coat of arms above the main entrance at
The Mound in Edinburgh, which is Head Office
of Bank of Scotland, built in 1806. Today it is also the registered office and Scottish Headquarters of Lloyds Banking
Group. The coat of arms (granted in 1701) consists of a shield bearing the saltire cross, surrounded by four gold
bezants (heraldic representations of coins). Flanking this are the twin figures of Justice, with her scales, and Plenty
with her cornucopia of money. The Latin motto Tanto Uberior' means so much the more plentiful'.
Back: Bank of Scotland coat of arms above the main entrance at The Mound in Edinburgh. Shield bearing the saltire
cross and gold bezants which form part of Bank of Scotland's Coat of Arms, granted in 1701, with Scottish Thistle
flowers. Sailing ship in full sail taken from the Coat of Arms of the Union Bank of Scotland. Originally the motif of the
Ship Bank (Glasgow), which merged with the Union Bank of Scotland, which was then absorbed by Bank of Scotland
in 1955. Watermark: Scottish Thistle flower. Security features: Watermark. Running serial numbers. Segmented
metallic security strip. Main colours: Brown, green and blue. Artist: Unknown. Engraver: No info. Signatures: Lord
Polwarth (Governor); J. Letham (Treasurer & General Manager). Printing method: Intaglio. Issuer: Bank of Scotland.
Date of Issue: 17 July 1968. Withdrawn from circulation: No info. Legal tender: No. Material: Cotton fibre paper.
Printer: George Waterston & Sons Limited, Edinburgh, Scotland.
|Dimensions: 134 x 66 mm|
The Governor & Company of the Bank of Scotland
promise to pay here to the bearer on demand One
|Scottish Banknote Gallery | Scottish Banknotes For Sale|
photos, images, pictures, scans, designs, texts and other
|Copyright © Banknotes.com All rights reserved.|